Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Artsy Reader.
Before I start this post, I just want to bring some awareness to the current situation at hand in the United States. I live in North Dakota, just one state over from the murder of George Floyd. I have always been very supportive of the Black Lives Matter movement and it’s time for anyone and everyone to take a stand. Please do some research and help in any way you can! Please click the links I’ve attached and educate yourself!
This week’s topic is books that give off summer vibes. I love books with summer vibes because I live in North Dakota, where we get three months of heat and eight to nine months of snow.
I work full-time as a server/bartender currently, trying to save money before I become a full-time teacher this August. Therefore, I have not and sadly will not have much of a chance to experience the summer heat.
Reading summer books is definitely my go-to escape right now. I typically don’t read a ton of summer romances, but I have been in a weird sorta mood lately. Here are 5 summertime reads that I have read and 5 books that I have yet to read.
Books I’ve Read
- Beach Read by Emily Henry – Read my review on why I LOVED this book!
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren – I listened to the audiobook of this and I fell in love with the characters. This was such a cute read.
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – This book made me fall in love with Morgan Matson. I fell in love with Clark, the love interest, in this story and it made the book totally swoon-worthy.
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green – I read this a couple of summers ago on a beach and while it wasn’t my favorite book by John Green, I still very much enjoyed it!!
- Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston – This book was not one of my favorite reads of last year, but I still enjoyed it. I really enjoyed Alex as a character and what I loved most about the story was how well it showed him coming to terms with his sexuality.
Books on my TBR
- Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson and Grace Ellis
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
- Meet Cute by Helena Hunting
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman London