My winter break has flown by way too fast and my spring semester has already begun! I am on my second day of classes currently and I can already see just how busy I’m going to be this semester. I’m really planning on focusing heavily on my academics this semester since my grades fell behind last semester.
FALL SEMESTER GOAL RECAP
- Go to the gym at least three days a week. Yeah, this did not happen. I sadly only worked out maybe four or five times a month which is not okay for me.
- Eat healthier meals. Also a big no from me. After my breakup, I did not eat the greatest of things and actually gained ten pounds.
- Post on my blog once a week. Another big NOPE. Post-breakup life was hard for me.
- Have $4000 in my savings by the end of the semester. LOL. I have $400 in my savings account right now…. whoops.
- Spend only $200 on food a month. OH WOW, SOMETHING I ACCOMPLISHED! Mostly because I ate lots and lots of Ramen.
- Go to every class. I ended up skipping a lot more than I wanted to, but I still only missed one or two days per class.
- Pay attention in my classes. YES. I did focus a lot more this semester.
- Do my homework as I receive it. This happened for a while, but then I got unmotivated and unhappy and ugh. A lot of assignments were done the night before. I wrote an 8 page paper 9 hours before it was due (but I somehow got a 100% on it – miracles).
- Make new friends in class. I did this as well! I actually made a really good friend in my two English classes this semester and we’re taking the same three English classes next semester.
- End the semester with A’s and B’s. I had two B’s and three A’s so this was also a success!
SPRING SEMESTER GOALS
- Go to the gym four days a week. I am very determined, especially with the new year, to go to the gym more. I’m going to Florida in March and I would love to lose twenty pounds before then. I’m going to start going earlier in the morning on days I work so that I have more time.
- Eat healthier. This made the goal list again, and like going to the gym, I am determined to eat healthier food too. I’m cutting out all chocolate, which is going to be really hard for me, but will be worth it.
- Spend less money. I have the worst spending habits in the world, and since I’m going to Minneapolis for my birthday and Florida in March, I need to save tons of money.
- Find time for fun reading. With my English major, I never really have the time to read things on the side. But, I really want to read more of my TBR pile this semester so I’m hoping to find time to free read.
- Have a 4.0 for the semester. While it’s not necessary for me, I would love to boost my GPA a little more this semester and get all A’s in my classes, especially since all my classes this semester are for my major.
- Get a job at the school newspaper. I’ve been procrastinating getting a job at the paper simply because I don’t know how I’m going to find the time to work at the paper, ref basketball, and be a server at Applebee’s while continuing my school work but I’m hoping to get the application in soon.
- Spend at least one hour a day on homework. This one will be hard for me but doing this would help me so much, especially with my busy schedule.
- Go to every class. This is really important to me this semester, especially since all the classes are for my major.
- Write down all my assignments in my planner. I want to stay extremely organized this semester so I can get all my assignments done on time.
That about does it for all my goals this semester. I’m really excited for everything this semester holds, but am also excited to be one semester closer to graduating. I hope everyone is having a great year so far. xx